Please read the following letter, linked below, from the Director of Special Education, Katie Metcalf, regarding some of the changes that will involve LRE/LIFE Skills classrooms this school year.
Letter to the LRE/LIFE Skills Parents
Letter to the LRE/LIFE Skills Parents- Spanish Version
Crockett County Special Education Services Department Beliefs
- Special education is not a place. It is the most intensive intervention along the continuum of service defined by individual need, services, and placement.
- Strong leadership at every level is the foundation of a collaborative and inclusive environment that supports ALL students.
- All students are general education students first. Every student can learn, demonstrate growth, and must have access to high quality, evidence-based instruction that maximizes their potential in the least restrictive environment.
- Educators are professionals, content experts, and the key to student success. They should be supported instructionally and professionally.
- All students can achieve post-secondary success.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a federal law ensuring appropriate services to children with disabilities throughout the nation. IDEA governs how states and public agencies provide early intervention, special education, and related services to more than 6.5 million eligible infants, toddlers, children, and youth with disabilities. Infants and toddlers with disabilities (ages birth through age two) and their families receive early intervention services under IDEA, Part C. Children and youth (ages 3–21) receive special education and related services under IDEA, Part B.
In addition to meeting the legal requirements of IDEA, the commitment made by districts and schools to provide a high-quality education in an inclusive setting to all students with disabilities is crucial to their success.
Director Special Education and 504 Services
Special Education Coordinator
District-wide Speech Language Pathologist
District-wide Speech Language Teacher
Logon to EasyIEP
Authorized School Personnel Only